Kathmandu Valley Tour
Group SizeAccommodationDifficultyMax Alt.
Sling your way through Nepal's largest city & its capital-Kathmandu. A Home of 3 million people definitely gives the bustling vibes to the city.
Be it the deep-rooted cultural heritage, historical sites, Buddhist stupas, temples Kathmandu valley alone is Home of three Durbar Squares- Kathmandu, Bhaktapur & Patan which are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. Having access to International Airport, Kathmandu city is the only stopover for international tourists. There is a beeline of peoples: students, travellers, job-seekers, and entrepreneurs living in Kathmandu to pursue education, make career, or do business. The city has something for everyone.
Whether you are a traveller or a Festival junkie, explore the glitzy city where steamed dumplings(momo) are always on call 24X7, nothing like any other meat dumplings around the world.
In Kathmandu, within a day, you can lose yourself in the timelessness of the city, and at the end of the day rediscover yourself. If you are willing to take a casual sneak into the fascinating valley of Kathmandu pitch us.
- Newar people are main inhabitants of the Kathmandu Valley
- The foundation of Kathmandu dates from the 12th century AD, during the time of the Malla dynasty.
- Kasthamandap was later named Kathmandu often called Kantipur during malla dynasty
- The chunk of old architecture- temples, buildings are still intact
- Kathmandu faced division after 15 century with three independent kingdoms- Kathmandu, Patan & Bhaktapur
- One of the king form shah dynasty unified Nepal & declared Kathmandu as capital
- Visit four UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Shop and Hang Out in Thamel area
- Visit garden of dreams in Thamel
- Discover exquisite works of art and architecture
- Drop a visit to Swayambhunath, a temple sacred to both Buddhists and Hindus
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple - the holiest of Hindu shrines in Nepal
Top things to do in Kathmandu
- Exchange your currency while in kathmandu
- Have souvenir Shopping in the streets of kathmandu
- Purchase a mask to get rid of city pollution
- Learn some basic Nepali Phrases, often helps in communication
- Try Newari and Thakali food
- Taste the momo dumplings-Kathmandu’s beloved dish
- Capture the landscape shot form Swayambhunath
Since it’s a sightseeing tour, you don’t need to bother about your physical fitness.
Best time to go:
The kathmandu city sightseeing can be done throughout the year as they are easily accessible. Monsoon season can be the worst for city like kathmandu reason being waterlogged roads, lack of sewage systems, muddy water splash.
What to expect
- Staying in Standard Hotels
- Airport pickup-drop off available
- Entry cost on World Heritage Sites
- Traffic Jams
Start Date End Date Status Cost